University of Florida Homepage



Are you an undergraduate interested in course credit for assisting in research?
You can gain individual experience working one-on-one with faculty and graduate students carrying out psychological and gerontological research, and earn credit toward your degree.

What responsibilities will I have?
Students participate in research assisting in phases such as recruiting participants, interviewing, and content-analysis. You must be willing to commit to work in the lab for at least two semesters.

Do I need previous research experience?
We welcome students who already have research experience, but no experience is necessary.

What courses are offered to receive research credit?
PSY4911-Undergraduate Research in Psychology
PSY4905-Independent Studies
PSY4970-Senior Thesis

How many credits can I take?
Each credit hour requires 3 hours of lab work. There is a maximum of 4 credit hours for each course, with 0-3 credits per semester (i.e., 3-9 hours of lab work).

How do I sign up?
If you are interested in working in the lab, please first contact Dr. Susan Bluck to introduce yourself and find out if positions are currently available. You can also fill out the application form and submit it to Dr. Bluck by e-mail. Once you have been accepted, you will be given a form to sign up for 0-3 credits for the semester, which must be submitted to the Department of Psychology Undergraduate Advising office.
Click here to access the current application form.